For the first time we have actual video footage of our workout (had to use a Kodak Easy Share C613 to shoot it). It was a challenge, the camera kept turning itself off (I think I can correct that now), and a neighbor’s dog wanted to come in and play in the middle of out warm-up and then I found that instead of recording in avi format it recorded in mov format (not supported by Windows Movie Maker), finally after a few hours of work I figured how to convert and edit the video, just keep in mind that this is our first attempt and some of the really good stuff didn’t get recorded.
A couple of notes: you’ll notice in the warm-up that Mike makes a few errors, that I’ll correct next practice, knees to far forward in the overhead squat, not enough extension in the GHD sit-up and not full ROM in the pull-up. If it wasn’t for the video I might continue to miss these since I’m working at the same time as him.
Roll Call: Mike (Tony was stranded and couldn’t make it)
- 2x3min jump-rope (last 30sec double unders)
- 2 rounds – 10 pull-ups, 3 ring dips, hip stretch, 10 GHD sit-ups, 10 back extensions
Defense Circuit 1 round 3min/1min
- Maize ball
- Rope line
- Speed bag
Shadow Boxing 3min/1min
- 2 rounds
Glove Drills 3min/1min (each round was split so one worked offense and the other defense for half a round)
- 3 way jab
- Jab cross – slip to right with cross hook counter
- Jab cross – slip to left with hook cross counter
Low line kick block and counter
- Right low line kick with block followed by right kick
- Left low line kick with block followed be left kick
- Either kick followed by counter as above
4 rounds of 30sec punch out on bag followed by 30 seconds rest.
(Please post comments, questions or suggestions to "Comments" below)