Roll Call: Tony
800 meter run – 400 forward, 400 meters backwards
2 rounds – 10 pull-ups, 3 ring dips, hip stretch, 10 GHD sit-ups, 10 back extensions
Shadow Boxing 3min/1min
2 rounds boxing/thai boxing
Glove Drills 3min/1min
Each of the below rounds was split in half so each person worked as aggressor.
- 2 rounds 3 way jab – this is a jab catch/slip drill (aggressor jabs, defender evades and jabs back followed by aggressor countering with another jab).
- Jab cross – slip inside return cross hook
- Jab cross – slip outside return hook cross
- 2 rounds Jab cross – either slip and return cross hook or hook cross
- 2 rounds in-fighting - toe to toe work aggressor throws hooks, uppercuts, etc defender works on covering and absorbing punches. We used a 1 foot square taped on the floor and we both had to keep our right foot in the entire round.
Our final rounds were done with both sides working offense and defense at same time.
- In fighting – both sides punching and defending
- Working on covering up on the inside – keeping chin tucked behind shoulder, head tucked behind opponents shoulder and moving side to side.
- 2 rounds free sparing
Tony did great with the free sparing – remained relaxed and kept moving and punching. Next we need to work on lengthening combinations and working more on the in and out (short attacks followed by moving out effectively).
(Please post comments, suggestions or questions to “Comments” below)