2 rounds 3min/1min jump rope (final 30sec of each round double unders)
2 rounds – 10 pull-ups, 3 ring dips, hip stretch, 10 squats, 10 GHD sit-ups, 10 back extensions
Defense Circuit 3min/1min 2 circuits
Maize ball - slips and controlling distance
Rope line - slips, bob and weave while moving forward and back
- 2 rounds slip practice – 1st round slip inside or outside against single jab, 2nd round double slip against double jab.
- Left hook - focus on technique, keeping the hook relaxed and hip and shoulder leading the punch
- Left body hook - (angled at 45 degrees upward) began with just the hook then hook after slipping outside against the cross
- Double left hook – body hook followed by head hook. Worked in isolation then against cross
- Working the left head hook cover 1st round just the cover, 2nd round cover to return cross
- 2 rounds Jab-cross-left hook – parry-slip-cover-return cross
In addition to the above we also worked on refining the hooks between rounds and introducing the right uppercut. My daughter Callie also joined us for part of the workout, I just got in gloves that actually fit her and she really enjoyed working covering up against light punches.
(post questions, comments or suggestions to “comments” below)