- Reviews of local gyms and trainers
- New videos on focus mitt training and glove drills
In reading my reviews I will be using the following list for giving you information on the gyms I visit:
- A great workout/conditioning
- Trainer’s – good instructors
- Equipment – what they use to train. While this isn’t a pre-requisite for a good gym (many great gyms produce great fighters with minimal equipment) it is something that many people look for.
- Type of fighting: Stand-up fighting- boxing, kickboxing, Grappling – wrestling, jui-jitsu, judo, etc.
- Sparring – contact, light contact, non-contact, stand up, grappling
- Competition – do they host competitions, train fighters for competition, competitive fighters train at the gym
- Price: while there are inexpensive gyms most offer training at a premium price (you pay for the experience of the instructors). Schools that run strictly conditioning and those training competitive fighters run from as low as $30 up to $200 a month
If you wish me to feature your gym or training group please contact me via email (available at my "About Me" link on the side bar.
(Post comments, suggestions or questions to "Comments" below)